Skip to main content

Battery Picnic { Charleston SC }

I am not a fan of cold weather. Period. In recent weeks here in the amazing Charleston SC it has been just that. Cold. It makes me crave the spring time. I am ready to get back out and do some exploring and shooting of the old city. Don't get me wrong, I certainly can do these things in the cold but I who am I kidding, that'll never happen. These days I would rather be bundled up with a blanket & my coffee parked in front of Netflix. While browsing through some "warmer weather" photos I came across some photos I captured of our picnic at The Battery Downtown a few mos ago. The girls & I packed a quick lunch & headed downtown. This was our very first outing since moving to Charleston back in September 2014. What a peaceful day. We ate, chatted, and just laid around on our blanket and watched the scene. If you are ever this way, I definitely recommend a Battery Park picnic. This is for sure going to be a regular for us.. when it warms up of course!



Our lunch consisted of ham sammies, cheese sticks, grapes, corn chips, cookies, juice & water. Super easy to toss together and carry... not to mention the easy peasy clean-up!




So peaceful and serine! I think I could have laid there all day and enjoyed the quiet and watched everyone enjoying the day!


We even shared our grapes with this little guy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lipstik Girls!

Bethany had an amazing opportunity to model for  Lipstik Girls Clothing  2014 Elisa B. line! From the time she began working with  Gooma Models  she has wanted to work with this company. Their clothing line for young girls is simply stunning. I was super excited for her to have this opportunity! We chose a downtown / urban style setting for this shoot. I must tell you IT WAS HOT! We were roasting. We kept pushing on and after a few hours, we had finished this amazing shoot. UPDATE: The first image was listed on Itsy.com for Lipstik Girls / Elisa B. clothing. Shreek! You girls truly deserved it!

A Rainy Day Agenda! { Charleston Photography }

It's surely not uncommon to say as a Charlestonion,  "It's raining! I guess we will have to wait for our girls day out!" Well Ashley and Liz say don't let those rainy Charleston weekends ruin your day! These lovely ladies showed me a few places right downtown sure to brighten your rainy day blues!  Eclectic Cafe & Vinyl This cafe was such a cool spot. Grab an espresso (or my case, iced coffee) and a book, or get lost in conversation in the couch area. There is also the coolest little corner hosting a record player with an amazing selection of vinyls. Slap on those headphones and get lost in the music! Gnome Cafe This cafe is such a ray of sunshine! Literally! The inside is so lovely with brightly colored decor, it's sure to bring sunshine to even the rainiest day. Their plant-based menu has everything from salads to sandwiches to deserts!  SYG designs Just down from Gnome is a plant covere...

Go Y'all, It's Game Day! {Charleston Photography}

It's game day y'all and Reese Witherspoon's company, Draper James , has the perfect tailgate gear to cheer on your team! I am so crushing on this Go Y'all Clutch , complete with a detachable chain. The Go Y'all Tailgate Sweater comes in several team colors. The black and gold sweater as seen here, can be perfectly paired with a scarf in your teams colors! Be sure to check out Draper James' Game Day Snack Plates while you're at it for a perfect little tailgating snack.  And above all..be sure to yell GO Y'ALL!   Model: The Charleston Weekender  Go Y'all Purse, Snack Plates, & Tailgate Sweater: Draper James