The WHEN: Tuesday June 21, 2016 with (5) 30 minute slots available from 5:00-7:30 pm
The WHAT: We are looking for 5 local area bloggers to collaborate with for a local July 4th themed shoot! We join with local & national product companies, stores, & boutiques, along with local bloggers, to create a HUGE collaboration photo shoot. This collaboration will allow for each person involved (photographer, bloggers, stylist, & product companies!) to cross promote each other and share the shoot with their followers, thus allowing for triple the exposure for everyone!
The GAIN: Here's what is included for each blogger...
- a 30 minute photo shoot with local professional photographer Jennifer Collins, on location at Mixson
- photo shoot styling by local style blogger Liz of The Charleston Weekender
- unlimited outfit changes, as time allows (no clothing items provided)
- full image editing in post production
- digital download images in high resolution for usage on your website and/ or blog
- EXPOSURE! Your name & website/ blog will be shared by photographer, stylist, and product companies/ stores/ boutiques to their followers & fans!
This time 14 YEARS ago, yours truly was preparing for life after graduation. It seems so unreal. I can remember getting our outfits together for graduation pictures and deciding what time we were going to meet because of course we had to go together! We would meet that day at our high school, stand posed for outdoor "casual" photos first, then head to the library for our "formal" shots. I am pretty sure that is the same routine now a days. BUT not for these lovely ladies! Last weekend, I met these two beautiful young ladies, best friends graduating from 2 different high schools. We met at Mepkin Abbey in Monks Corner SC. What an amazing setting as you can see! I had no problem getting laughs from these two and their true personalities came pouring out in each image! They just flowed together so well, I could see why they were best friends! I had so much fun with these young ladies and a HUGE Congrats to them on their graduation!
Happy New Years! I am so thankful & blessed for a pretty amazing 2016. I have had the most fantastic clients a photographer could ask for, met some truly awesome people, and had the most amazing business opportunities I would have NEVER imagined would cross my path. So, I'm not making any NY resolutions this year, only goals for an even better 2017!
Some might think my shoots are all fun & games... and they're right! I always have the nicest, most laid back clients (to date) and that makes for a killer shoot. We laugh, we joke, sometimes we dance, sometimes we act silly, and sometimes we even cry (well, the little ones anyway).. But one things for sure- we always create magic. Here are just a few behind the scene looks from 2016. Here's to an amazing 2017!
Gettin' silly with it! Sometimes it takes a little time to warm up to the situation.. Sometimes we get distracted.. When Daddy does silly things to make you laugh and then... you're DONE!
Tavolo: A family style Italian restaurant in the uptown area of Charlotte, NC. Located at 300 North College Street, Tavolo offers fine Italian dining, wood fired pizzas, wine & cocktails, and more! Enjoy a seat at the full service bar, upstairs, or a traditional table in the downstairs dining area!
I recently had the pleasure of tasting this amazing restaurant for myself while working
in Charlotte with Kelly of Paper Meets Pearl.
We started our trip to Tavolo with a few choice martini cocktails:
• the Fragola: vodka, simple syrup, sour mix, fresh strawberries & basil
• the Bacio Del Limone: Prosecco, house made Limoncello, fresh raspberries
As we enjoyed these delicious house martinis, we decided to add a few appetizers into the mix.
• Carpaccio De Manzo: thinly sliced beef tenderloin topped with sea salt,
cracked black pepper, olive oil, arugula & asiago!
• Calamari Alla Diavolo: fried squid with roasted & cherry peppers,
served with marinara.